We have new leather snaps in two sizes 12mm and 15mm. Available in gold and silver.
We have Double cap rivets in three sizes 6×6, 7×6 and 9x13mm. Available in gold and silver.
We have Rapid Rivets available two sizes 6×6 and 7x7mm. They are available in gold, silver, brass and steel.
From the moment we saw this amazing assortment of shamballa bracelets we knew that you would love our cotton wax cord collection.
You may download a how to PDF from Preciosa from our website.
This necklace beautifully illustrates the multiple colours and reflective sheen in many of our fire polished beads.
The combination of colours includes matte and transparent.
This month we are focused on this special collection often called “snake skin.”
Fernando DaSilva for John Bead made with SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS
Fernando has created many pieces of jewelry which are displayed in the John Bead showroom. Some of these designs appear in our catalogues and may have been published. For those of you who can’t visit in person we have been showcasing his design work here on the John Bead blog.
Be My Valentine Necklace
1. Feed one 4mm Indian red crystal onto a head pin. Make a simple loop on top of bead and trim excess wire. Make 17 more of these and set them aside.
2. Cut a piece of 1 ½ “ of silver-plated wire. Make a simple loop at far end of the wire, trim excess wire and then string onto a crystal silver night bead. Make simple loop on top of bead and trim excess wire. Repeat to make 7 ore of these links and set them aside.
3. Section large gunmetal chain in 4 pieces of 3 inches and set them side.
4. Section small gunmetal chain in 6 pieces of 1 inch, and 4 pieces of ¾ inch. Separate in 2 groups by length and set them aside.
5. Making focal center link.
Cut a 3 ½ inches of silver-plated wire. Make a wrapped loop at one of the ends of wire with a single full turn. Trim excess wire. String beads on the following pattern:
one silver night crystal + one hourglass spacer + one silver night crystal + double hole red magma crystal + one silver night crystal + one hourglass spacer + one silver night crystal.
Make wrapped loop on the opposite end as you did previously. Trim excess wire. Repeat similar steps to make the other side of this component.
6. Using pliers attach one crystal (made on step 1) to center hole of 4-hole open-heart connector. Attach 2 more of the same on its bottom hole.
Repeat steps with the 3 other 4-hole open-heart connectors and set them s aside.
7. Attach one crystal made on step 1 to one of the end links of small cable chain piece. Repeat 5 more times to create the centerpiece fringe.
8. Open a 4mm jump ring, slide 3 sections of chain made on step 7 and then attach to one of the loops of centerpiece made on step 5.
Add 3 more sections of chain to side loop using a second 4mm jump ring.
9. Open a 6mm jump ring and attach to one of the top loops of center piece , and then connect it to silver night link made on step 2.
10. Open another 6mm jump ring and attach the other loop of previous piece to one of the hearts assembled on step 6. Add a second silver night link on same fashion followed by a 2-hole heart connector .
11. Repeat similar steps until you finish with four silver night crystal links.
12. Open a 6mm jump ring, attach to side hole of 4-hole hear connector and then slide two sections of large gun metal chain that was cut on step 3.
13. Connect both opposite ends of gunmetal chain to another jump ring.
14. Add another jump ring to previous piece and then half side of toggle clasp.
15. Repeat all steps to finish the other side of necklace.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
1 crystal red magma SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS DOUBLE BEAD
16 crystal silver night 6mm SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS Xilion beads
18 Indian red 4mm SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS bicone beads
2 rhodium-plated Tierra Cast hour-glass spacer bars
18 gold-plated 1” 24 gauge head pins
1 ½ ft round & oval gunmetal chain
1 sterling silver 20mm double heart toggle
2 sterling silver 20mm open heart flat 2 holes
4 sterling silver open heart flat 4holes
6 silver-plated 4mm round jump rings
20 silver-plated 6mm round jump rings
8 inches silver-plated 20 gauge German- style wire
Nancy Donaldson continues to experiment with out Soutache cord collection. These free-form earrings are a wonderful way to learn to work with the cords. This first set features our Cardinal Purple cord.
Lemon Zest Soutache Cord Earrings
Samba Red Soutache Cord Earrings
Black Soutache Cord Earrings
Here is Nancy’s featured necklace for our soutache cord collection.
This soutache statement necklace by Nancy Donaldson was commissioned to showcase our fabulous line of soutache cords. The necklace was displayed in our “New Innovations” booth at the Craft and Hobby show earlier this month.
In our It’s Soutache manual written by Fernando DaSilva (released in the fall of 2014) Soutache was described “as one of those materials that defines not only a look but also a whole technique. Recently, Soutache has become popular among many European designers excited by the endless possibilities this material provides to their creations. The technique requires a lot of precision and a certain finesse to handle and stitch trims together.” There are many applications for this fantastic trim and the main rule is that you must insert your needle in the centre of the soutache groove with every stitch. That can be challenging and requires practice.
When we released our Soutache manual, Nancy was given an early copy along with some of our cords to experiment. (she is a regular contributor of projects on this blog) We assumed that she might make a few of the projects in the book. We never imagined she would immerse herself into soutache, teaching herself new and unorthodox ways to use the cord. Our Creative Director Fernando DaSilva recognized her talent immediately and met with her to select a color palette and theme for this necklace.
Many recognized soutache jewellers pre-plan their designs with mathematical precision. Nancy is much more free with her designs. She creates individual pieces that are collaged together. She does not glue her sections into one single backing pad.
Her piece is also unique because some sections are left open. The sections that are padded showcase our fish leather in a way that sets Nancy apart from other soutache designers. Our fabulous tilapia leather created the perfect texture when paired with soutache trims and beads. Her finished necklace is not stiff. It conforms to curves on the body beautifully. She also created matching cuffs that sit perfectly on a wrist.
The cabochons used by her in this necklace are “JB Vintage Atelier.” Selected by Fernando just for this design they are incorporated in a way that is fresh and appealing. We are proud to showcase this new soutache designer’s masterpiece.
Dazzle-it Soutache Cords
75000900-11 Wine Soutache Cord
75000900-46 Acai Soutache Cord
75000900-45 Alloy Soutache Cord
751-35101-02 Light Grey Suede Fish Leather
751-35101-03 Plum Suede Fish Leather
751-35101-01 Black Suede Fish Leather
27758101096 313 Swarovski 6mm Lavender Pearl
27758101245 001 Swarovski 12mm Light Grey Pearl
27758101160 328 Swarovski 8mm Blackberry Pearl
45s 1960206004700 Preciosa Siam 6mm
45s 1960204004700 Preciosa Siam 4mm
27004139 Czech Fire Polished Garnet 6mm
27004137 Czech Fire Polish Garnet 4mm
27290000-41 Ori Crystal Donut Amethyst 4x6mm
680-02069 Czech Square Metallic Mix 3.4mm
45s1960203003600 Preciosa Round Jet 3mm
45s1960204003307 Preciosa Round Jet 4mm
45s6930205003600 Preciosa Round Jet 5mm
JB Vintage Atelier
Czech Rhinestone Cup Chain