We could not think of a better way to show you the new colours in the Spring/Summer 2016 collection from Swarovski than by featuring this necklace.
All of these pastel colors will give your projects a special touch.
Swarovski has created free project instructions for both these designs. We have linked them here along with all the other wonderful new Spring/Summer 2016 ideas.
The Pearlvine necklace by Fernando Dasilva features pearls as the highlighted component. We have so many pearls in our catalog to select from. For this post, we have attached information to a special collection of Czech glass pearls.
Fernando has created many pieces of jewelry which are displayed in the John Bead showroom. Some of these designs appear in our catalogues and may have been published.For those of you who can’t visit in person we have been showcasing his design work here on the John Bead blog.
1. Using chain nose pliers take apart 2 equal pieces of 5 oval links sections off the silver matte chain. Set them aside.
2. Repeat previous step to take apart 2 equal sections of round links section of same chain with connectors in.
3. Using a 5 inches piece of satin gold stringing wire string beads as follows:
one bead bumper + one pearl + one bead bumper + one pearl + one bead bumper + one pearl + one bead bumper + one square bead cap + one crystal cube + one bead cap . Repeat in reverse and then add one crimp tube.
4. Add one section of chain cut in step 1 attaching it through oval link. Pass opposite end of stringing wire through same crimp tube. Pull them together and with crimper tool secure it in place making sure each wire is sitting parallel to each other.
5. Repeat step 3 to create 4 more pearl circles in same fashion, adding another section of chain before you crimp the last pearl circle.
6. Open connector of small section of chain and attach to oval links of both ends. Repeat the same on the other half of your necklace. This will give a more substantial look to the structure of your piece.
7. Open two small jump rings to attach clasps to both sides of necklace.
Please read the instructions before you start making your piece.
* If you desire to add more dimension and drama to your piece build pearl circles with 2 more sizes of pearls. You can have circles made with any bead sizes you want.
**To make it funkier you can hung several pieces of small Figaro style chain to every circle. Think: luscious!!!
Several strand of pearls – your favorite colours
5 Swarovski 8mm crystal golden shadow cube beads
40 bead bumpers
10 brass bead cap squares
5 gold plated #3 crimp tubes
2 small gold plated round jump rings
2ft of white matte silver chain
2ft of 19 strands Beadalon .018” gold satin stringing wire
1 bronze hook and eye clasp
There are so many outstanding examples of how pearls can be showcased in jewelry. I can think of numerous images involving the classic pearl in a single strand necklace design or mixed throughout a larger statement piece.
Happily, I can announce that John Bead has a brand new glass pearl collection! You can work in colour and in full range of sizes.
Our new glass pearls collection includes twelve colours and six different sizes: 4mm, 6mm, 8mm, 10mm.
There is a combo strand option for each colour including sizes from 10mm-16mm.