Everyday I seem to wake up with another experiment I want to try with Apoxie Sculpt. Yesterday I wanted to make some interesting clay tiles using one of the rubber stamps in my collection. I made a batch of black Apoxie Sculpt and flattened it onto a non stick work surface. (you can work on waxed paper too) I used a watermark ink pad (which is a clear ink) to condition my rubber stamp. I knew I would be pressing the rubber into the Apoxie Sculpt…and needed to be sure I could pull it away without stretching or distorting the impressed image in the clay.
Success! I managed to pull away my rubber stamp! The rubber stamp is very detailed and I was not sure how much of the image would be impressed into the clay.
I applied a layer of Gilders Paste to each tile to make the images pop again!