The John Bead show room is filled with wonderful examples of bead and jewelry making excellence. Many of the samples are from Fernando DaSilva and he has provided John Bead with some instructions for some of his most popular pieces. I’ll be sharing them here on the blog over the next few months.
Author: Fernando Dasilva for John Bead made with SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS™
Design title: Drops of Love bracelet
Drops of Love features this gorgeous drop from Swarovski Elements.
What Fernando Used:
12 ruby SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS flat drops 347 6012 1005 501
12 antique silver vine briolette bails by TC – 9695 1945 668-12
6 bright rhodium 10mm TC rivet beads – TC# 94- 5745-12
12 bright rhodium 11mm TC rivet bead caps – TC# 94-5744-12
15 bright rhodium 10mm TC classic bead caps – TC# 94-5722 012
7 antique copper 10mm TC bead rivets – TC# 94-5745-18
12 non-tarnish 5.9mm silver Artistic Wire jump rings – 2280 0505-01
1 sterling silver snake chain– 9609 9000
1 sterling silver “LOVE” pendant – 9609 5061
Flat Nose Plier (745 27312)
1. Carefully insert one antique silver bail around a crystal drop. Use flat nose pliers to gently squeeze bail inside of crystal holes. Repeat this step with all the crystal drops and bails and set them aside.
2. Open a jump ring and insert into loop of bail, made on previous step, then close jump ring. Repeat one jump ring to each crystal pendant and set aside.
3. Unscrew the end of snake chain, then string beads on in the following pattern:
1 rhodium rivet bead cap + 1 rhodium rivet bead + one rhodium rivet bead + 1 crystal drop from step 2 + 1 classic bead cap + 1 copper rivet bead + 1 classic bead cap + 1 crystal drop + 1 rhodium rivet bead cap + 1 rhodium rivet bead + 1 rhodium rivet bead cap + 1 crystal drop + 1 classic bead cap + 1 rivet copper bead + 1 classic bead cap + 1 crystal drop + 1 classic bead cap + 1 rivet copper bead + 1 classic bead cap + 1 crystal drop +1 rhodium rivet bead cap + 1 rhodium rivet bead + 1 rhodium rivet bead cap + 1 crystal drop.
Repeat this pattern in reverse to complete the bracelet.
4. Open a jump ring and insert the “love” pendant through the loop of the “l” letter and then slide onto the snake chain, followed by a classic bead cap with the opening towards the end of chain.
5. Screw the end of snake chain back in place.