Fernando DaSilva for John Bead made with SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS
Fernando has created many pieces of jewelry which are displayed in the John Bead showroom. Some of these designs appear in our catalogues and may have been published. For those of you who can’t visit in person we have been showcasing his design work here on the John Bead blog.
Be My Valentine Necklace
1. Feed one 4mm Indian red crystal onto a head pin. Make a simple loop on top of bead and trim excess wire. Make 17 more of these and set them aside.
2. Cut a piece of 1 ½ “ of silver-plated wire. Make a simple loop at far end of the wire, trim excess wire and then string onto a crystal silver night bead. Make simple loop on top of bead and trim excess wire. Repeat to make 7 ore of these links and set them aside.
3. Section large gunmetal chain in 4 pieces of 3 inches and set them side.
4. Section small gunmetal chain in 6 pieces of 1 inch, and 4 pieces of ¾ inch. Separate in 2 groups by length and set them aside.
5. Making focal center link.
Cut a 3 ½ inches of silver-plated wire. Make a wrapped loop at one of the ends of wire with a single full turn. Trim excess wire. String beads on the following pattern:
one silver night crystal + one hourglass spacer + one silver night crystal + double hole red magma crystal + one silver night crystal + one hourglass spacer + one silver night crystal.
Make wrapped loop on the opposite end as you did previously. Trim excess wire. Repeat similar steps to make the other side of this component.
6. Using pliers attach one crystal (made on step 1) to center hole of 4-hole open-heart connector. Attach 2 more of the same on its bottom hole.
Repeat steps with the 3 other 4-hole open-heart connectors and set them s aside.
7. Attach one crystal made on step 1 to one of the end links of small cable chain piece. Repeat 5 more times to create the centerpiece fringe.
8. Open a 4mm jump ring, slide 3 sections of chain made on step 7 and then attach to one of the loops of centerpiece made on step 5.
Add 3 more sections of chain to side loop using a second 4mm jump ring.
9. Open a 6mm jump ring and attach to one of the top loops of center piece , and then connect it to silver night link made on step 2.
10. Open another 6mm jump ring and attach the other loop of previous piece to one of the hearts assembled on step 6. Add a second silver night link on same fashion followed by a 2-hole heart connector .
11. Repeat similar steps until you finish with four silver night crystal links.
12. Open a 6mm jump ring, attach to side hole of 4-hole hear connector and then slide two sections of large gun metal chain that was cut on step 3.
13. Connect both opposite ends of gunmetal chain to another jump ring.
14. Add another jump ring to previous piece and then half side of toggle clasp.
15. Repeat all steps to finish the other side of necklace.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
1 crystal red magma SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS DOUBLE BEAD
16 crystal silver night 6mm SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS Xilion beads
18 Indian red 4mm SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS bicone beads
2 rhodium-plated Tierra Cast hour-glass spacer bars
1 ft gun metal small cable chain
18 gold-plated 1” 24 gauge head pins
1 ½ ft round & oval gunmetal chain
1 sterling silver 20mm double heart toggle
2 sterling silver 20mm open heart flat 2 holes
4 sterling silver open heart flat 4holes
6 silver-plated 4mm round jump rings
20 silver-plated 6mm round jump rings
8 inches silver-plated 20 gauge German- style wire
Side cutter, Flat nose , Round nose